Last Updated 12/6/2017
- The information we collect and store
- Your account information
- How we use the information
- The information we share to facilitate the services
- Information we aggregate and analyze
- How to customize your choices
- Purpose of collecting and sharing information
We collect and share information to deliver our Services, specifically for Customers to order food from Restaurants. We use independent contractor couriers, third party delivery services, and the Restaurant’s delivery services to facilitate deliveries (collectively “Couriers”). When we collect your information, we store it and associate it with your account unless otherwise noted.
- Information eatsee collects
- Account information
To register for an account, we collect specific information from the Customers. To create an account, you must provide us with an email and password.
When you place an order, we will also ask for delivery locations (physical addresses) and phone number, which can be added and saved to the account. Multiple addresses can be saved.
If you register with a Facebook account, we will also collect name, email and userID. If you register with Google social login we collect userId, displayName, URL of display image and email address.
For each transaction, we will also ask for credit card number, expiration date, security code and other applicable billing information. We use a third-party payment processing service, and we have only limited information about your billing information. When you enter your payment information, the third-party processing service receives the transaction details directly, and eatsee never stores the full payment card information on our servers.
- Location information for Delivery and Services
In order to facilitate delivery and search functions, we receive the Customer’s location information from your device. We use this to determine the appropriate delivery address and to provide relevant search and recommendations. We may also use these locations for analytics purposes to improve our services. You may disable location sharing through your device, and your account address will be used instead, but some functionality of the Services may be impaired.
- Device information; Use of Services information
We receive information from Customers devices including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier, unique device identifiers. If you registered with a Facebook account, your Facebook identifier as well. We use this information to provide our services, and support if needed, and to create de-identified or aggregate information about our users.
We also receive information from your device about how you use the Services, such as content viewed, products searched for, orders, dates and times of your visit, and any item or location you mark as a favorite. This information is used to provide suggestions for you as well as for us to further improve our Services.
- Other information specifically provided by the user
We will also ask for some specific information that will be stored only on your account and used only for suggesting restaurants, food, and other products or services to you. Provision of this information is voluntary, and may include dietary restrictions, food allergies, and food preferences.
- Information Restaurants Provide
A Restaurant which signs up will provide us with a physical address, hours, product information, menu, and other relevant information about the food or restaurant service. We will also request bank account information to provide payment.
- Use of Information
In addition to some of the uses described in the previous section, we also use your information in the following ways:
- Facilitate transactions, deliveries, and payments;
- Communicate with you regarding of your delivery (either directly or through a restaurant Partner or Courier);
- Analyze how users use our Services;
- Provide relevant news relating to your past deliveries or new restaurants;
- Communicate with you regarding promotions, survey, and requested feedback;
- Provide procedurally generated recommendations;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Respond to issues that arise during delivery;
- Information eatsee shares
- Sharing information with Restaurant
We share your personal information with the Restaurant as required to facilitate the delivery. This includes name, address, and phone number when such information is requested by the Restaurant. The Restaurant may contact you if there is an issue or a question regarding the order.
- Services to courier
Couriers (including third-party delivery services) will receive your name, phone number, and address in order to facilitate delivery. They will also receive any notes on the order or delivery that you add to the transaction (such as specific building directions or delivery notes). Couriers may call or text when they are attempting delivery.
If you provide any feedback to eatsee regarding Couriers, your feedback will be anonymous to the Couriers.
- Partners/affiliate sharing
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable data with our Partners, affiliates, and business partners. We will not share any individual contact information or personal identifiable information.
- Other sharing
We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- Where disclosure is required in order to comply with laws, regulations, legal process, or government request;
- To enforce our agreements, policies, or Terms of Service;
- To respond to an emergency;
- To investigate and defend ourselves from third-party claims or allegations
- To provide aggregate information about the use of our Services to potential business partners in a manner that cannot be reasonably identified as you; or
- Whenever you consent to sharing.
- Third party links
Our Services may contain link to third party websites, products, or services. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the contents of such third party sites, and that such sites have their own privacy practices. The inclusion of a link to a third party website on the Sites does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us.
- Customizing your choices
You can update your information in your account at any time. You may also choose to limit the information that we receive, including:
- Location. You may disable location sharing through your device, and your account address will be used instead, but some functionality of the Services may be impaired.
- Email marketing. You may opt-out of any email marketing that we send through your account settings or the link in our emails. You will continue to receive administrative messages regarding the services or your account.
- Data retention policy
Our policy is to retain personally identifiable information only as long as reasonably necessary to provide our services to you and others or as otherwise required for legal compliance purposes. We may delete your data if you deactivate your account.
- VIII.Security of your account
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password at all times. We recommend a strong password that you do not use with other services. If you believe your password has been compromised, please change your password immediately and contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
- How we respond to Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. However, we are not obligated to respond to these indicators, and we are not currently set up to respond to them. This means that we may use information about your online activities to improve your use of our Sites consistent with this policy.
- Users under 13
Eatsee is not directed at children and we do not knowingly collect personal information for children under the age of 13. If you believe that a child under such age has given us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 12/6/17